Monday, 4 January 2010

Hypothesis: A blog will improve my poker

I belong to a poker forum and the following thread, written by me, is how this whole blog started...

"I've started 2010 with the realisation that I am a very ordinary very amateur poker player. This acceptance has depressed me slightly but then what do I expect? I've never read a poker book (or any other book for that matter), I've never really been poker schooled and I don't play it often or serious enough to improve. For my day job I had to study until I was 24. Even then, after all that effort, my day-job career success has been gradual and medioca at best. So how is it that I expect to be a poker god without putting in any effort at all?! I recently discovered Tom Pich's excellent blog. Had a good old enjoyable read. Congratulations Tom by the way on such an interesting blog and the growing successes you are having over the years and good luck for a profitable future. Tom's blog also had a link to Dan's blog etc... and that got me thinking?Are the poker blogs a cause or effect poker aid? In other words, does publishing your dirty poker laundry make you play more seriously in fear of exposing yourself to be nothing more than a poker dreamer like me? OR is it that the 80% of players that lose overall are very unlikely to spend time reminding themselves of their charitable poker plays? Probably a lot of both. Should I begin documenting my non-existent poker successes? I think not, I'd generally have nothing interesting to write about. That said, the question still remains could an honest and frank poker blog realistically help to improve one's game?"

And so, with a little encouragement from my fellow forum members, here it is, my brand new and first ever blog. A blog designed to test the hypothesis "A blog will improve my poker"

Feel free to follow me on my open and frank 2010 poker journal journey. For me to deem this experiment a success I feel I need to make a modest profit of £1000 by the year end. May the poker gods and poker blog be with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment