So I've returned home from work buzzing with excitement about my second blogged poker game. I have decided to increase my chances of making a profit early on by entering a 10 player STT.
No action early on for me, while one player donks off his chips to leave 9 remaining.
My cat has just sat on my lap, is this a sign of good fortune?
Wait my first action, limp with A3 suited in good position. Hit two pair on a rainbow flop! Awesome. One caller all the way, river once again pairs the board so my two pair is now trumped by the caller who also has an ace with a higher kicker! What is it with pairing boards on the river since I've started blogging my games? Down to 1075. The cat is now off my lap!
Noticed that PCUK STT's are quite narrow, unless you get off to a good start you quickly get into the realms of small stack to blind ratio.
Two more players have gone out, 7 remain. One huge chip stack to my left, oh dear.
On 925 chips go over the top of the BB raise holding AJ - raiser was chip lead, standard raise pattern. He calls holding pocket 6's. I win the race. on to 2300
Next hand get pocket jacks - raise it up to 3x. Two callers. 9 high flop - I put a pot sized bet out and get one caller. Next card a 10 - he shoves all in, I insta call and im in front. He has A9 (why he called pre-flop I dont know). Only 5% out for him and BOOM - ace on the river. My curse continues as he sucks out a two pair. Down to 355. How can this be? Since I have started blogging my river luck has been aweful! If that hand played out as it should I would have been chip lead. Poker eh.
Pocket 9s to save my game?!! ... nope called by KJ fair enough and King on Flop. Out in sixth after dreadful luck with my Jacks.
Tuesday, 5 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment